During Halloween, businesses across the country were introducing their creepy and cute product lines. When everyone was busy setting the tone for the next season of The Witch, many were asking for the release of HBO’s horror-comedy, Los Espookys Season 2.
Soon, HBO confirmed the existence of the second season of Los Espookys. Here is everything you need to know about it.
Julio Torres, Ana Fabrega, and Fred Armisen are the creators of the American show.
Fred Armisen, Lorne Michaels, and Andrew Singer are the producers of the horror-comedy TV series.
The show has completed its single season with a total of six episodes.
What Is the Plotline of the Series Los Espookys?
The plot of the show follows a group of friends who love horror. They turn their love for horror into s strange business. They provide horror to those who need it in a virtual Latin American country, which is a site of strange and eerie activities.
The hero of the show, Renaldo, dresses in Goth fashions and is fond of horror movies. However, his identity is a broad and welcoming smile. He setups a business with his best friends Ursula and Andres to attract tourists. He provides creature effects for specific situations like a struggling beach town in need to see a sea monster, an old priest struggling to perform an exorcism to attract his young colleague. However, their primary goal was to make people feel better about themselves despite choosing a scary method.
The movie unfolds in Spanish with English subtitles. The scare they provide to the audience is low-fi, but the series casually deals with situations like an American ambassador into a mirror dimension and Andres being scared by a water demon that may reveal the truth of his adoption into a wealthy family.
You will be able to experience the funny terror again after the release of the second part soon. Stay tuned for more updates regarding it.
When Will the Second Season of the Series Los Espookys Be Released Over the Original Network?
The first episode of the first season got telecasted on 14th June 2019. After completing its six episodes, the show got wrapped up on 19th July 2019. The target audience of the show was quite low for the first season. However, the reception was excellent. So, HBO decided to renew the show for the second season.
On 24th July, Julio Torres shared the good news on Instagram, mentioning that Los Espookys has been renewed for a second season. He also thanked the audience for watching the previous season. However, the release date of the show is yet to be announced. It looks like the cast also got collected on the location of the shoot in Chile. The cast is uploading pictures together. Velasco also mentioned that something is cooking in Santiago.
HBO confirmed the existence of the show due to the positive statistics received by it. However, the delay in production was also due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We would likely see the show in Summer 2022. We will update the website when the second season will get its release date. Stay tuned for updates.
Who Is Going to Be a Part of the Series Los Espookys Season 2?
- Renaldo, played by Bernardo Velasco, is a horror and gore enthusiast. He was the one who assembled his friends to form Los Espookys. He has a kind and optimistic nature. On the other hand, he is also incompetent and naive with fiances.
- Andres, played by Julio Torres, is the childhood best friend of Renaldo. He is the adopted heir to a chocolate empire. He is afraid of a mysterious demon and of unlocking the secrets of his past.
- Ursula, played by Cassandra Ciangherotti, is also a friend of Renaldo. In comparison to other members of Los Espookys, she is smart, resourceful, and more down-to-earth. Due to the mean behaviour of her boss, she struggles to continue her job as a dental hygienist.
- Tati, played by Ana Fabrega, is the dimwitted sister of Renaldo. She is designated as a test dummy for Los Espookys. To make a living, she switches between strange jobs and always tries to put herself in a situation where the Espookys need her.
- Tico, played by Fred Armisen, is the uncle of Renaldo. He is an employee devoted to his job at a valet parking company. He supports the efforts of Renaldo and is quite happy with his job. However, he struggles with his attitude of being too selfless and the attitude problem of his daughter.
What Are the Ratings of the Series Los Espookys?
The television ratings of the debut season of Los Espookys have been weak. Despite its weak ratings, we expected the second season. The first season pulled the attention of fewer than 0.3 million viewers towards itself. For HBO, such a viewing figure is quite weak. However, the response from critics and audience is quite good that forced HBO for a sequel. The critical consensus mentioned that watching Los Espookys was a good time.
Los Espookys has received a score of 100% on the Average Tomatometer. The average audience score is 80% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Los Espookys has received a rating of 7.5 out of 10 on IMDb.
Where Can We Watch the Series Los Espookys?
You will find many websites over the Internet through which you can watch the first season of Los Espookys. HBO Max, the original network, will remain on the priority list.
Los Espookys is also available on Amazon Prime. You can watch the series after the subscription or can buy or rent the episodes from there.
Los Espookys is also available on Hulu. You can start your free trial if you are new to the platform.
There are many websites available over the internet that will allow you to download it and watch it offline.
The makers have not shared much about the second season of Los Espookys. We are not even sure about the release date yet. However, we may get the announcement very soon.
If you haven’t watched the previous season of Los Espookys, then you should have a look at it.